Even the smallest push can change the future..

HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Arthur Kirkland
United Kingdom ☆

PostSubject: Re: Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]   Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:53 pm

Arthur nodded slowly as Antonio listed off countries, impressed. To him, the man must have lived a pretty free and carefree life if he could live in that many places, living off of temporary jobs and leaving whenever he got bored. It seemed almost ridiculous compared to his own experiences, mainly based off of a strict upbringing and just as stern way of life as a personal choice.

"I have visited many countries and I have worked with others from different countries, but I've never lived anywhere as long as I have in England." He explained after a moment of thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Antonio FernandezCarriedo
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]   Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:03 pm

"Ahhh, that's Spain for me," Antonio said fondly. "España will always be my home." He tried not to sound bitter about it. God he missed his country - churros for breakfast and cheap red wine, tomatoes in everything and the barbaric bull fights, flamenco and - he shut down that line of thought ruthlessly. He could not be sentimental, not in public.

He winced and touched his forehead. It had been a slower build than usual, but God this was a big one. He pinched the bridge of his nose, feeling like his nose was bleeding despite knowing it wasn't. The pressure was terrific. He managed to drink some tea, hoping the caffeine would help.

España - Spain
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthur Kirkland
United Kingdom ☆

PostSubject: Re: Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]   Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:36 pm

Arthur could tell that Antonio was fond of his home. "When was the last time you were in Spain?" He asked, taking another sip of tea, letting the lukewarm liquid swish in his mouth for a moment before swallowing. The conversation at hand made him think about his own home back in England. He only recently arrived in Hong Kong, but he was beginning to wonder if he was going to get homesick.

As another waitress walked past him, Arthur looked back up at Antonio. He was wincing, and was pinching the bridge of his nose in a way that made Arthur think the other man was feeling uncomfortable. "Hey...you alright?" He asked warily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]   Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:46 pm

Antonio ground his teeth and rode out the pain. He opened his eyes slowly. "You're a Mover. Well, I'm a Watcher. And you want to listen to what I'm about to say, because it could change your life," he said seriously. "Whatever your business is in Hong Kong, it's going to go south. Way south. This company is bad news for you and yours. They play for keeps and they want something from you, want it badly. Don't listen to the man who - " he scribbled furiously on a napkin - "looks like that. He'd as soon kill you and rob you as make a fair trade. You might want to look into brushing up on your Chinese, too."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthur Kirkland
United Kingdom ☆

PostSubject: Re: Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]   Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:08 pm

Arthur blinked a few times as he stared at Antonio, who suddenly was speaking seriously about his business in Hong Kong. What did he just call him? A Mover? And what was a Watcher? As he listened to Antonio speak, too shocked to say anything in between the other man's words, he glanced at the napkin Antonio was drawing on. The man looked familiar, and Arthur could have sworn he was present at the meeting he was just at around an hour ago.

Arthur slowly placed the tea cup on the table, lifting one hand as soon as Antonio stopped speaking. He laughed a hollowed laugh, shaking his head. "Alright...I have no idea what you're talking about," He started, dismissing the picture on the napkin as a coincidence. His thick eyebrows furrowed over bright green eyes as he sat back in his seat, studying the other man. "But I think that you're acting a little nutty. How would you even know any of that?"

Besides brushing up on his Chinese, which Arthur was well aware he needed to do, Antonio should not have known anything he just said. So how did stranger know about his company's business deals? Arthur stiffened suddenly, thinking about what Antonio called him. A Mover? Could he be referring to the ability he had since he was very young...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]   Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:13 pm

Antonio was struck by a sudden ludicrous desire to quote a children's book. He ignored it. "I'm a Watcher. That means I can see the future. You, you're a Mover - it's telekinesis, the ability to throw things with just your mind. I just had a vision, okay? A lot of bad things are gonna happen to you if you aren't careful. I don't like bad things happening to strangers, and I like it even less when they happen to acquaintances or friends. So keep an open mind, alright? A little caution can't hurt you. It may just save your life."

He shifted uneasily. There was more, a lot more, that Arthur should know, but...one step at a time. The man had to believe this much before Antonio could start talking about government experiments and conspiracy theory. "To answer your earlier question...I haven't been in Spain for five years. I pissed some people off, and now I move on whenever I See them catching up to me." The emphasis on "See" made it obvious he was talking about visions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthur Kirkland
United Kingdom ☆

PostSubject: Re: Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]   Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:47 pm

"So keep an open mind, alright? A little caution can't hurt you. It may just save your life."

While seeing into the future sounded strange, the description of a Mover did match what Arthur was capable of doing. An open mind... Arthur couldn't argue with that, considering he believed things that other people would laugh at. It wasn't as if Antonio was being crazed about his explanations (if he had, Arthur would have most likely stood up and left immediately), and seemed to be taking what he was saying quite seriously.

Still, it was an awful lot to take in from a stranger while having a cup of tea in a cafe. Arthur sighed agitatedly, cupping his teacup in his hands. "You do realise you're sounding like a conspiracy theorist?" He pointed out, not wanting to verbally agree with the man, even though he would keep the fact he was somehow aware of his power in the back of his mind. There could be other explanations for this; it would still take quite a bit to convince him completely?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]   Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:53 pm

Antonio laughed, but it was a broken sort of noise. "This, our powers, they're just the tip of the ice berg. I wish it was stupid crazy talk. I wish I could tell you that the dreams I have of people dying horribly are just dreams, that I'm just nuts. But the visions come true. So it stands to reason the rest of it is real. I don't have a flashy kind of power, I can't 'prove' it to you. Not until what I see comes true, and even then you don't have to believe me. If nothing else, believe that I don't want you to get hurt, and believe that you should be on your guard."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthur Kirkland
United Kingdom ☆

PostSubject: Re: Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]   Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:10 pm

"Ahaha..." It was another hollow laugh before Arthur took the tea cup to his lips, drinking the rest of it down as fast as he could in an attempt to get some caffeine into his system. Either Antonio was telling the truth or he was extremely nuts, to the point where he actually believed what he was saying. And quite frankly, Arthur didn't want to have to think about it too much. He was already wary about the Mover description, and how it was making it difficult to dismiss what Antonio was saying.

"Well, at least you're aware that I'm not going to believe you straight away," He muttered, setting his empty tea cup down. His prior headache was gone, but he wouldn't be surprised if a new one came on. "And I'll be on my guard. Not just because you said to be or anything," He added for a clarification. "But it's a part of good business to be cautious. You won't have to worry about that."

Last edited by Arthur Kirkland on Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]   Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:12 pm

The desire to repeat his warning - and emphasize that it wasn't just money at risk, but possibly Arthur's life - warred with the growing realization that the Briton wasn't dealing with this. Antonio finished his tea before he spoke again.

"Enough business," he said, as cheerfully as he could managed, "where are you headed? I think I've been in Hong Kong a bit longer, perhaps I could help?" Touring apartments could wait.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthur Kirkland
United Kingdom ☆

PostSubject: Re: Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]   Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:28 pm

Arthur was a bit relieved when Antonio dropped the subject. Arthur didn't want to think about the possibility of "Watchers" who could predict the future, and that this "Watcher" had somehow figured out that which he hid so well. After all, he was a businessman who led a normal life in this time and age, and never used his powers outside of the comfort of his own home. Even if everything Antonio said was true, the Briton still wanted no part in it, especially if it meant the danger Antonio implied more than once in his explanations.

Arthur realized now that he was in this maid cafe, he wasn't quite sure where he was in retrospect to his apartment. After a long moment still contemplating the previous subject of the conversation, he held out the piece of paper he was carrying around before for Antonio with a resigned sigh. "I'd appreciate it if you could assist me in directions, actually."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]   Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:31 pm

Antonio brightened considerably when he read the address. "Well, a bit of luck for both of us," he said, "I was going to that building myself. Now that I have the money for it, I wanted a better place to sleep."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthur Kirkland
United Kingdom ☆

PostSubject: Re: Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]   Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:45 pm

"Is that so," Arthur stated, debating whether this was good news or not. He decided as long as nothing strange came up again, it would be fine. At least he could now say he carried a conversation (albeit odd conversation) with someone in Hong Kong that didn't have to do with business. "That is quite lucky. Are you ready to go?" He asked, glancing over at Antonio's cup before looking down into his own empty one.

Arthur still would not be the one to call for the attention of a waitress in this cafe. That much was still certain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]   Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:48 pm

"Sí, I'm ready," Antonio nodded, waving the waitress back. "That's all for today, thank you." He gave her the bill, tip, and then some.

Never hurt to have a friend on the waitstaff. Visions weren't the only way to get information.

Sí - yes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthur Kirkland
United Kingdom ☆

PostSubject: Re: Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]   Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:01 pm

Arthur didn't see much of the exchange with Antonio and the waitress. "Thank you for the tea," He said after Antonio was done speaking with the waitress.

As for the insight he gained from the conversation, well, he would thank him for that if the opportunity ever arose. But for now, Arthur could only mumble snippets of generic conversations. He found speaking with Antonio a tad awkward after the short moment of outlandishness.

He stood from his seat slowly, pushing the chair in and letting his hands linger on the back of the chair as he waited for Antonio to lead the way to the apartment building.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]   Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:09 pm

"My pleasure, amigo. If you ever want help with your Chinese..." he left the promise dangling. "Well, I have a pretty good feeling I'll be just down the hall." He led Arthur back to the apartments with hardly more than incidental touching - and nothing Arthur would really be able to accuse him of doing on purpose. It was a crowded street during rush hour.

And God, Antonio missed human contact. Usually he had some idle fling when he relocated, but he hadn't been interested while he was in Mexico, and he'd been no catch his first weeks here, living on the streets as he had been.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthur Kirkland
United Kingdom ☆

PostSubject: Re: Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]   Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:33 pm

Arthur nodded silently, catching himself before he asked Antonio if he had a feeling or if he already knew as a Watcher. Considering he hadn't actually agreed to believe in what the man had said, it would sound a little mocking if Arthur said that out loud. The streets of Hong Kong were crowded, and Arthur wasn't keen on angering his guide in the fray.

He followed Antonio, not relishing the crowded streets. Arthur grumbled a few obscenities under his breath--not loud enough for anyone to hear nearby in the crowd, but enough to vent the minor irritation at the crowd.

"Is it always this crowded?" He asked in an irate tone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]   Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:35 pm

Antonio laughed at the question. "No - sometimes it's worse," he teased. "Don't they have rush hour in England?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]   

Back to top Go down

Mi casa es...Donde esta mi casa? [open to all]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hetalia: Push :: In character :: Streets of Hong Kong-
Jump to: