Even the smallest push can change the future..

HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Antonio FernandezCarriedo
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:04 am

Juan was so distracted by the adorable image of Ludwig in reading glasses that he hardly thought to be outraged by what he was hearing.

He was, however, a little unnerved by the wording. It made him...doubtful, to say the least - of the Division. They told him they were working with the powers, seeing how to identify, suppress, augment them. He had said he didn't want the visions. They asked him to join the experiment and reap the rewards when they had a suppression drug.

If what Ludwig was saying was the same as his Division's attitude towards its "resources," perhaps they would not be so willing to give him the treatment. He hid all this behind a mild smile, asking, "Do you need me to explain anything on the menu?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider
Bundesrepublik Deutschland ☆

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:08 am

Blue eyes looked over silver rims, curious. "Am I correct in guessing that 'tortilla de patatas' are tortillas made of potatoes?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://leaper182.livejournal.com/profile
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:13 am

"Yeeeees, but you should really try the paella here, it's delicious," Juan grinned. "Las tortillas de patatas are pretty good, though."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:14 am

Ludwig nodded once. "The paella, then." He reached up and removed his glasses, carefully folding them before returning them to their case. "How is it prepared?"
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:21 am

"Paella is like a stew or soup - vegetables, meat, and broth. This place has very good chicken paella. We're a bit inland here, so most seafood paella isn't as good as it would be on the coast," Juan explained. He was fascinated by those glasses. Wildly inappropriate thoughts started entering his head. In so many ways, Ludwig reminded him of a teacher he'd walked out with once. All restraint and reserve in public, but so...well. Those things were not fit for sixteen-year-old ears.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:25 am

Ludwig nodded in understanding. "I've noticed a similar trend in Germany as well..." His voice trailed off when he noticed that Juan's gaze was looking a bit distracted. "Is something wrong?"
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:28 am

Juan flushed at being caught. "It's just - your glasses. You look like someone I - well." He looked away. Odd. He wasn't usually this easily flustered. He supposed it was easy to be unflappable when you saw strife coming.

He had a curious blind-spot around Ludwig. It made things more...exciting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:31 am

Of course, Ludwig looked more intrigued. "I resemble someone you know? May I ask who?"
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:33 am

Which answer would be less embarrassing? Which would require less explanation?

More to the point, what if Ludwig found out about the other answer? Perhaps it was best to just say both, then...

Juan shrugged a little and said ruefully, "A man I, ah, dated for a while. He happened to be my history teacher, also, a real stern sort. He had glasses like that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:35 am

Ludwig blinked. And then he blinked again.

"I'm... guessing that you dated after you were no longer his student...?" he asked tentatively.
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:41 am

"Well...not exactly," Juan said sheepishly. "Actually...not at all. We stopped dating almost immediately after I stopped being his student. I suppose it was the forbidden aspect of the relationship that drew us...excuse me, I'm sure you don't want to know that," he flushed.

This was one of the conquests he hadn't brought to Tía y Tío's restaurant, obviously.

tía y tío - aunt and uncle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:48 am

Blond eyebrows rose sharply. "Why were you dating him in the first place?" he asked. His voice made it sound more like a demand, but he probably didn't notice. "More importantly, why was he dating you?"
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:01 am

Juan looked at his hands. "I wasn't doing well in the class. I asked if I could get tutoring. At first, that's all it was, but I had a little crush, so I...was overly familiar." His cheeks were pink. "He let me get away with it for a while, but everyone has needs. He was very young still, new to the city and to the school, and unmarried. We fell into things. It was never serious, just...sex."

He leaned back in the chair, though he was clearly still tense. "It didn't help that I was isolated, terrified of my power, and looking for a reason to rebel against...everything." He kept a watchful eye out for any of the waitstaff, since the last thing he wanted was one of his many secrets making its way back to Janina - and, through her, his mother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:10 am

The tall German honestly wasn't sure how to comfort the man -- he hadn't much experience with showing sympathy or dealing with emotional displays, even quiet ones like Juan was having. But there was something that caught his attention in Juan's explanation. It was a bit cold to focus on, but bloodhounds caught scents more easily than anything else, and when they caught one, they didn't let go. Ludwig was much the same way.

"You were... terrified of your ability?" he asked, frowning in confusion.

When his own power had manifested, he'd been discovered by the woman who'd been overseeing him at the time rubbing his face in a sweater that had belonged to a previous caretaker. She'd sat him down and asked him questions, and then gave him other things to examine. And that was when he'd first found something using his sense of smell. It was a lost dog, and the dog hadn't traveled far in the neighborhood, but the dog had been missing for days, and no one had been able to find it. Its large brown eyes looked so innocent, so scared.

Blue eyes stared into green, curious more than anything else.

"Did you not tell anyone about it? Your family, perhaps?"
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:17 am

"Sí..." Juan said, voice weary. "How could I not be? My first vision was of my grandfather being murdered. I thought it was a nightmare, though I hadn't been asleep. I didn't sleep for days after. When he was killed..." his fist clenched. "Then, I told someone that I had seen it. My parents - " he laughed, a broken little sound. "They thought I was possessed, bargains with the devil or some such. They had a priest perform an exorcism on me. I was six. I was six years old and my parents thought I had a demon inside me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:35 am

Ludwig blinked. Juan was from a superstitious family, apparently. From what he'd gathered growing up, their unusual abilities weren't commonplace, nor were they understood very well by the rest of the world. This was, however, the first time he'd actually encountered the fear associated with not understanding.

"Have you seen many murders?" he asked, his voice quieter than before.
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:38 am

Juan nodded soberly. "People die often. And I have a lot of visions, more lately than ever."

He paused to collect himself. "Not all the visions are bad, or of bad things, of course. When they kept coming, the priest convinced my parents they were gifts from God." His voice hardened. "If they are from God, then I absolutely hate him. What kind God sends a child visions like that?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:43 am

Ludwig looked a bit uncomfortable. "I remember asking once how abilities manifested," he began, not sure if Juan wanted to hear this. When he didn't immediately get an answer, he continued, "My caretaker at the time told me that they were the result of brain chemistry altering slightly. My brain chemistry altered in allowing my sense of smell to trigger a closer reaction to the part of the brain that controls memory. It would appear that your ability triggered the part that has been theorized to be where the human capacity for pre-cognition lies."

He paused for a moment before adding, "I... am sorry that your ability manifested in such a manner, but I believe that your priest had a positive idea. There are ways for you to learn more about your ability, to be able to control it so that you can trigger pre-cognitive episodes instead of spontaneous manifestation, like it seems occurs to you now."
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:48 am

"I don't want anything to do with it. The only reason I work for the Division is they promised to find a way for me to make the visions stop," Juan said. "As it is, I have learned how to call a vision on purpose, but...still I receive the unwanted ones. If I try to block them, the headache becomes a migraine and then it hits when I'm weak." He stopped abruptly as a waitress arrived. He told her in rapid Spanish what they wanted and tried to seem hurried and businesslike, since there was no way he could have managed "charming" in this state.

He turned back to Ludwig, attempting a smile. "I hope you don't mind that I ordered for you." He tried not to seem desperate to change the subject, but he would rather have been talking about various sexual acts he got up to with his old teacher than any of this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:56 am

Blue eyes narrowed. "I don't mind," he said calmly, keeping his voice low. "But as far as I know, there is no way to make your ability stop completely. It would be like pinching your nose in an attempt to stop smelling something unpleasant."

He calmly demonstrated. "I've stopped receiving the majority of the sensory input, but as you can see--" He lifted his head up a little to show that even though he'd pinched his nose, the nostrils were still open. "--if an odor is strong enough, I will still be able to smell it."
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:01 am

Juan frowned. He understood the metaphor, though he didn't like it at all. His fingers played with the tines of his fork, tapping them hard enough to feel a little prick of pain. He said finally, "I do not know if it is possible. I do know that I want it, and the Division claims they can provide it, if I give them enough data to work with. And I don't know of anyone or anything else who can help."

The waitress returned with a small appetizer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:05 am

Ludwig nodded and smiled politely to her. "Gracias, señorita," he murmured.

She beamed at him and left, allowing Ludwig to turn back to Juan.

"Have you undergone any medical testing? Taken part in any clinical trials?" he asked. "I believe any full suppression of your ability would have to include an external component. Your body naturally wants to make use of its ability, and since you've said your own attempts have proved unsuccessful...."
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:11 am

Juan shifted uncomfortably. Either he was more subtle than he thought, or Ludwig was denser than he could have imagined. "Sí, sí, hay reconocimientos médicos, las pruebas..." he was the picture of misery. "Humillar - Humiliating. All of it. Doctors who barely speak decent English, much less Spanish, poking and prodding and poorly-formed questions. The drug regimens that make me sick and change nothing. I hate it, all of it, but at least they do something, no? And I don't care if it's some kind of drug I need to take. I just want the pain to stop, and to stop having nightmares of bad things happening to strangers."

"Yes, yes, there are medical examinations, tests..."

Humillar - humiliating
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:19 am

Ludwig's eyes narrowed again. Why was the Division conducting these tests, if they changed little in the patient? The Division had existed since the end of the second World War -- it would make sense if they had made progress in the nearly sixty years since then.

Unless...

Die Endlösung.

As much as it had been about exterminating the Jews, there had also been unspeakable experiments performed on the captives. Especially the ones that had intrigued the Angel of Death.

He wasn't sure if he was right -- he wasn't even sure if Juan was telling the truth -- but if that was the case, why would the Division conduct experiments that would have been conducted well before the twenty-first century?

Juan looked trapped, no matter how many smiles he wore.

Something was going on.

"... I see," he said quietly.

Die Endlösung - The Final Solution (in German). The Holocaust, in other words.

Last edited by Ludwig Schneider on Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:26 am

Ludwig looked very pensive. Juan was certain he didn't want to know those thoughts. He was equally certain that he would learn them, someday, and be displeased with what he found.

"Try the tapas," he gestured to the plate of what looked like small portions of several dishes. "Spain is famous for them." This was an extremely transparent change of subject, but he didn't care anymore. He had wanted a nice dinner with a friend. He had gotten a scrutinization of his past and his relationship with his powers. He was determined to have the nice dinner with a friend in addition, if he couldn't have it instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   

Back to top Go down

Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next