Even the smallest push can change the future..

HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Ludwig Schneider
Bundesrepublik Deutschland ☆

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 am

The bloodhound wanted to continue the line of questioning -- find out more about what Juan had experienced as a Watcher, find out more about the medical testing he'd undergone.

But what humanity the German had noticed the desire to not discuss this further, and for once, he listened to it.

As suggested, Ludwig tried one, and blinked in surprise. "This is very good," he murmured. "What are they made of?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://leaper182.livejournal.com/profile
Antonio FernandezCarriedo
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:40 am

"Tapas served in restaurants are often a mixed appetizer. They're different at every restaurant. That one is Tía's specialty - Patatas Bravas, potato wedges fried and covered in pimenton sauce." He pointed to another part of the dish, "These are Albondigas - meatballs. And, of course," he gestured to the remaining third, "Tortillas Española, Spanish omelets. A whole omelet can be a few meals' worth of food, so this is only a small part of one. Comamos!"

Tía' - aunt

pimenton - pimento x'D

Comamos - let's eat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:00 pm

A smile tugged at the taller man's lips, and he dug in without hesitation. There were light spices he couldn't immediately identify, but the food was very filling and quite delicious. After he'd taken his share, he watched the man across from him. "You mentioned your parents and your aunt and uncle. Do you have siblings?"
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:38 pm

"Siblings? No. Well, a half-brother, but we don't exactly talk about him, or to him," he rolled his eyes. "Catholics," he said as though it explained everything. "I've never met him and I don't know his name. And you, Ludwig? I know you say you were taken in young, but do you know of any siblings?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:23 am

Ludwig frowned, wondering if excommunication was a common thing with Catholics. When posed with a question to answer, he ended up shrugging.

"I do not know," he admitted. "I do not have any memories before I was eight years old. Whether by accident or design, I'm not sure, but that is the reality of the situation." He shrugged. "I was raised with other children in order to learn social skills, but none of them were close enough to be called a sibling."
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:35 am

The paellas arrived before Juan could say more about that. He took a bite to prevent himself form saying something he would regret. After a moment to think, he said, "What did you expect me to ask for, when you asked me what I wanted for payment? Money?" He tapped the table idly. "Money is fleeting. And anyway I make more than enough - and even if I didn't, I have ways of getting still more. Cheating at gambling, the way many among us do. Stealing.

"This," he gestured between them. "This is real, not just a concept printed on paper. I don't meet new people often, and usually I know within an instant exactly when and where they will die. You future is murky, though, Ludwig. It means there are many paths, many directions, that you will have to choose. Small turns that make large ones, and larger turns that could be your end or your salvation. I want you to be careful, but also listen to your heart." He looked at Ludwig very seriously. "Because one day, the choice may come down to whether you will see the night or whether you will be able to sleep through it. There is always a chance you might live. But if you know what you do is something you will truly regret - you can't really get over that."

He leaned back and smiled. "Enough lectures. How do you like the paella?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:59 am

Ludwig took a bite himself and when the flavor danced on his tongue, he took another one. When he was able to speak again, he said, "The only time I've encountered people with your ability, they were co-workers, not people outside of the organization. Typically, they are assigned to work with me, and when we get the job done, then it is a job well done."

He motioned to Juan. "I was not sure if I was supposed to pay you for your assistance or if the organization had already taken care of that, and since I didn't want there to be any confusion, I asked what you would wish as payment. The offer of dinner was... surprising, but easy enough to fulfill. I apologize for not coming to Madrid sooner, but my work has kept me in Eastern Europe for the past few months."

He took a sip of his drink before asking, "Has the person who replaced Herr Ortega been more pleasant to work with?"
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:05 am

Juan raised an eyebrow suspiciously, but the little mischievous smile he wore made it clear he was not so serious as that. "And I wonder who I might have to thank for his sudden desire to be reassigned," he teased. "Well, good riddance to bad rubbish, isn't that what the English say? I have found it much easier to work with Señor Vasquez. For one thing, he does not call himself my 'handler' as though I am a trained animal in a circus. He is still all business, though, and no time for a little chat, but I bear these things."

Señor - mister
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:29 pm

Ludwig looked at him curiously. "I would have thought that being strictly business would be more of a blessing than a curse, but we have different experiences with the organization."

He considered for a moment before taking another bite of the paella. Chewing slowly, he swallowed and asked, "Would you like to accompany me on an assignment in the future? To see what it is the organization does that doesn't involve doctors?"
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:56 pm

He could feel the significance of this moment. Was what he would learn from Ludwig worth the chance that he might not like what he found? He took another bite of paella as he considered it.

It tasted delicious, as always. He had been living a safe and comfortable life here, patronised by the Division and maintaining his own little business. His family was well and surrounded him, took care of him. Things could only get worse. The difference would be whether they got worse because he went into life with open eyes, or because he walked obliviously to his own ruin. La Decadència.

"Yes," he said slowly, managing a brief, bright smile. "I would like that."

He would like to spend more time with Ludwig, so it was partly honest, at least.

La Decadència is what the Spanish call the period of time from the 15th to 18th centuries. Art and literature flourished, but not much else did. The Spanish Empire pretty much collapsed after it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Ludwig nodded, a smile tugging at his own lips. "Very well, then. As soon as an assignment comes along that I'm able to take you with me, I shall."

There was more to the Division than what Juan had experienced. Abilities weren't a curse to be burdened with, but they could be a blessing. The German was fairly sure he could convince Juan of that. The Division did good things, after all.
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:31 pm

"I look forward to it," Juan smiled, and hoped that Ludwig didn't notice if it was a little emptier than usual.

The paella was delicious, the meal was free, and the walk to Juan's apartment over the shop was balmy and pleasant. "Why don't you come inside for a while?" he asked, smiling more honestly now. "I'm sure we can find something agreeable to do." It was not innuendo, he told himself.

He didn't usually lie to himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:37 pm

Ludwig shot him an apologetic look. "Sadly, I need to return to my hotel room. It's in the opposite direction of your family's restaurant, and I need to check for any messages that my team leader may have sent me during dinner."
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:39 pm

Juan frowned. "Where are you staying? There aren't exactly what I would call nice hotels in that area..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:43 pm

Ludwig gave him the name of the hotel, only to be surprised by Juan's wide green eyes.

"It was the cheapest I could find." Ludwig blushed.
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:46 pm

"Ahhhhh, Ludwig, don't be foolish. Cheap hardly ever means good. Not that expensive always means good, mind. But don't worry about that. I insist you stay with me. Tomorrow I will make you churros for breakfast~! And anyway, I've heard especially bad things about that hotel. There is space here."

Juan did not add that the space was a couch or the other half of his bed. They could sort that out later. More important was getting Ludwig's possessions out of the hotel that was renowned for robbing its guests.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:48 pm

"I couldn't possibly--" Ludwig began, only to be confronted with a face that wouldn't take "no" for an answer.

"--refuse such a generous invitation," he finished lamely, knowing he'd said the right thing when Juan beamed at him and nodded once.

"If you'll permit me, then, I need to retrieve my things," he said.
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:52 pm

"Of course~!" Juan smiled. "We should go at once, before they have a chance to rifle through your belongings...I wish I'd thought to bring it up earlier, but, que será será, sí?" He led Ludwig through the streets with a hand at the small of the man's back.

Whatever will be, will be, yes?

Last edited by Antonio FernandezCarriedo on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:02 pm

Blue eyes widened. "Rifle through my...?"

Before Juan knew it, the German had cursed loudly in what Juan guessed was German, and took off, sprinting at an impressive clip.
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:05 pm

Juan followed more slowly, somewhat bemused. He supposed Ludwig had some documents or suchlike he didn't want just any stranger seeing. Most likely he needn't have bothered - poor hotel staffers were looking for money, not documents in languages they didn't know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:10 pm

Ludwig made it to the hotel after taking a side street too many, getting to the doors and jogging his way inside. The man at the desk looked surprised at his entrance, but watched as Ludwig ignored him and made his way to the room he'd taken for the night.
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:14 pm

Juan arrived several moments later and a great deal calmer. He waited in the lobby, not knowing which room Ludwig had taken and not caring to engage the staff.

They were not as polite.

"Are you renting a room, sir?" one asked.

He shook his head.

A bellboy or some such unimportant person asked, "Would you like to buy a drink?"

Juan glared at him, knowing better than to reveal where his wallet was in a place like this. "I'm waiting for a friend, not that it is any of your business," he told the room at large. "Please allow me to do so in peace."

Last edited by Antonio FernandezCarriedo on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:17 pm

It didn't take long for Ludwig to find his bags -- there was only one of them, and he'd mistakenly left it sitting on top of the mattress -- and just looking at it, the German could tell someone had gone through it.

Hastily unzipping it, Ludwig cursed loudly.

If the hotel staff had a penchant for going through people's bags looking for valuables, of course they would have taken it.

His laptop was gone.
Back to top Go down
☆ Reino de España

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:21 pm

The staff were clearly unnerved by his presence. So much the better. Juan did not like them, and did not want them to believe that he had any interest in giving them money. He felt certain (as certain as he could feel without a vision to confirm it) that something had already been stolen from Ludwig. It was...unfortunate. But the silly foreign boy shouldn't have trusted valuables to a place like this. It was worse than a hostel - hardly more than a den for whores and drug addicts.

Odd, how Ludwig could seem so mature, so knowledgeable, when he spoke of their powers, of the Division, of other subjects...but so utterly naïve when it came to a thing like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ludwig Schneider

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:00 pm

Ludwig clenched his teeth hard enough to give himself the beginnings of a serious headache before he closed his eyes firmly and forced himself to calm down.

It would be difficult to try to sell a laptop without attracting notice. It was possible that whoever had taken it hadn't left the building yet. And there was always his ability.

He leaned down, burying his head in his bag of clothes and inhaling deeply. Closing his eyes, he concentrated on the scents: the laundry detergent he'd used, the interior of the luggage, his toothbrush kit tucked away in one corner, the smell of electronics from his headphones-- there.

He could sense it now, literally sniff out whoever had taken his laptop.

He forced himself to check to see if anything else had been taken (nothing had), shouldered the bag, and set off in search of the thief with a murderous look in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)   

Back to top Go down

Five Years Ago - Antonio and Ludwig meet (closed, R-18)
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next